When: September 18, 2015
CE Credits: 7
Where: Presbyterian Health Plan, 9521 San Mateo Blvd. NE, Albuquerque, NM 87113
8:00-8:30 Registration and Continental Breakfast
8:30-11:30 Health Exchange: Today & the Future!
12:00-2:00 What is New: Medicare & Medicare Supplements!
2:00-4:00 Small Group, Large Group: It’s a whole New World!
We are very happy to announce the New Mexico Association of Health Underwriters 2015-2016 board!
Please join me, Lametria Davis, in welcoming our incoming Executive Board:
- Lametria Davis – State President
o Aon Risk Solutions – Member since 2009
- Agnes Gallegos - President Elect
o Hospital Services Corporation
- Donna Norris - Immediate Past State President and Treasurer
o Norris & Associates – Member since
- Tim Tucker - Co-Treasurer (Past State President)
o Independent – Member since
- Joan Buckner – Secretary
o Legal Shield – Member since
I would also like to welcome the Chairs and Committee Members:
- Sherrie Williams - Legislative Chair
o Williams Sales & Service
- Steve Morgan - Legislative Committee
o Health Insurance Solutions
- Nicholas Velasquez - Legislative and LPRT Committee
o Delta Dental
- Chris Will - Membership Chair
- Kimberly Rivera - Retention Chair
- Kay Knutson - Professional Development Chair (Past State President)
o New Mexico Health Exchange
- Danine Baca - HUPAC Chair (Past State President)
o Financial Concepts
- Julia Moore - Awards Chair (Past State President)
o Colonial Life
- Janet Aranda - Awards Co-Chair
- Mark Walker - Communications Chair
o Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Mexico
- Lisa Lesku - Website Committee
o United Healthcare
- Eva Jean Fomalont – Historian (Past National & State President)
We look forward to their contributions to the Board and the efforts we will catalyze for our entire community.
Our term officially began on July 1, 2015. As a diversified board, we will help guide the association as we develop our strategic plan and put in place a new set of bylaws. Per the current bylaws, we are a membership organization. The new bylaws will require a majority vote of the members for ratification. We will make the process as transparent as possible and provide notice to the members of the emerging plan and bylaws.
As a note to those of you who would like to be considered for the board or would like to join a committee, we are still seeking candidates for Media Chair. If you are interested, please contact me directly at 505-550-8664.
Lametria Davis – NMAHU State President